Rashida Harbi Tlaib is a woman of conviction. A woman who does not merely speak for cosmetic purposes. But who is Rashida Harbi Tlaib? Since 2019-3rd January, more precisely, Rashida Tlaib is serving as the US representative for Michigan 13th congressional district. She was the first Muslim woman to serve in the Michigan legislature. Some facts about this courageous woman:
- She is the eldest of a family of 14 children born to Palestinian immigrants in Detroit.
- Rashida was born on 24th July 1976.
- Rashida is married to Fayez Tlaib and is mother of two children.
- Rashida’s mother was born in Beit Ur Al Foka, not far from the West Bank City of Ramallah & her father in East Jerusalem Beit Hanina.
- Rashida is a lawyer after having earned a JURIS DOCTOR from Western Michigan University Cooley law school in 2004.
- Rashida is a member of DEMOCRATIC SOCIALISTS OF AMERICA (DSA).
- Rashida is the first female DSA member to serve in congress.
- Rashida is the second Muslim woman to serve in a state legislative after Jamila Nasheed of Missouri.
- Rashida had worked in the recent past at SUGAR LAW CENTER, a DETROIT non-profit law clinic that provides free legal services for workers.
- When Rashida took the congressional oath of office on the 3rd January 2019 she did so on an English translation of the HOLY QURAN. And she did not forget to wear a thawb, the traditional embroider’s dress…
Why do the Zionists hate Rashida?
Because Rashida said:
- She opposed providing aid to Netanyahu’s Israel.
- She is for the Palestinian’s right of return.
- She is for one State solution. (very very courageous to say so openly in America)
- She is all for the BOYCOTT DIVESTMENT and SANCTIONS movement against Israel.
- She is against any form of anti BDS legislation proposed by senators Marco Rubio and Jim Risch.
- She deeply believes that boycotting is a right and she further said that Marco Rubio & Jim Risch “forgot what country they represent”.
- She will fight injustice anywhere she finds it.
What happened in August 15th 2019?
The State of Israel decided representative Rashida Tlaib will be denied entry as she is denying Israel to exist in this world.
What a load of bullshit (sorry my animal-friends!)
Israel must come clean and say that Rashida is denied entry because she is:
- From Palestinian parents.
- Practising Muslim.
- Advocating on a daily basis the rights of Palestinians.
- Explaining in clear language what the Zionists are doing in Israel.
- Militating actively against president Trump.
- On the left of the Democratic Party and is advocating the rights of the working class and is against the corrupt capitalist system. She is also against all forms of war.
Israel changed its stance on Friday 16th August 2019 by stating that it will allow her entry on “Humanitarian Grounds”. Humanitarian… so as to allow Rashida to visit her grandmother in the West Bank. But the Israelis ‘wanted Rashida” through a written pledge “to respect conditions imposed by Israel”. But what did the grandmother say in response… that she would not want her grandchild to visit her under conditions.
“Silencing me & treating me like a criminal is not what she wants for me. I have decided that visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in … fighting against racism, oppression and injustice.”
When Rashida won she gave the Palestinian people hope that someone will speak the truth about the inhumane conditions. Exactly what she is doing… Rashida is feared by Israel…
With the Rashida’s “treatment” a new dynamic in favour of the Palestinians will be set into motion. True the right wing forces (pro Israel included) will portray the DEMOCRATIC PARTY as equalling Rashida thus winning in the short term. But in the long term the Palestinians will emerge as the victors because they stand for truth & justice in the same vein the combat of Rashida will be forever be remembered.